All the games I got for Christmas, a list from worst to first.
With the arrival of Christmas means that kids all over the world will wake up with video games in their stockings. I know I sure did. Well, except for that one year in the early 90s when mom mysteriously said no video games without giving me a reason (looking back, the stuff I got, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves action figures and vehicles was more expensive than a video game, so it’s not as if we were hurting for money). Weird. I probably would have asked for Star Tropics.
So as I ponder what Christmas means to me, I’ve compiled a simple ranking of all the games that I got during the holiday seasons, from birth until
my death modern times, from worst to best. These are only games I got for Christmas, and overall quality is combined with how much I played as a child/excitement level upon opening said gift.
Did you get any of these? Leave a comment.
27. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (Gamecube)
26. Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64)
25. Spider-Man (Game Gear)
24. Dr. Mario (GBA)
23. Donkey Kong Jr. (Atari 2600)
22. Duck Hunt (NES)
21. Dr. Mario (NES)
20. Medal of Honor (PS1)
19. Epic Mickey (Wii)
18: Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (N64)
17. X-Men (Genesis)
16. Medal of Honor 2 (PS1)
15. Sonic The Hedgehog (Game Gear)
14. NHL 2K5 (X-Box)
13. Simcity (DOS)
12. Final Fantasy IX (PS1)
11. NBA Live 96 (Genesis)
10. Gameboy Advance Player (Gamecube; Yes I know this isn’t a game, but my fantastic wife got this for me for our first Xmas and that further cemented her awesomeness to me)
9. Final Fantasy Anthology (PS1; collects FF5 and FF6, the main reason I got this)
8. Skyrim (Windows)
7. Simcity 2000 (DOS)
6. WCW vs nWo: World Tour (N64)
5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
4. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (Gamecube)
3. Westwood Studios’ Monopoly (Windows)
2. Super Mario 64 (N64)
1. Super Mario Bros. (NES; I had LITERALLY no idea I was getting a Nintendo for Christmas 1989. Out of nowhere, my grandpa walks into the living room with two unwrapped boxes, one for my cousin Amelia and one for myself. Best. Xmas. Ever.)